Your wedding is supposed to be the happiest day of your life, but it seems there are plenty of people out there who live to regret that big day. A new UK poll, which could easily translate here, finds that half of married people say they would love to “remake” their wedding, with 46% saying they would simply want to do things differently, while 20% say they have regrets about how their big day turned out.
Money is another reason for wanting a redo, with one in seven people saying they’re in a better financial situation and would like to now have the wedding they’ve always dreamed of. And then there’s vanity, with 18% saying they feel they would make a better looking bride or groom now than the did the first time.
Of course, there are some folks who have one huge regret – their spouse - with 16% of folks wanting a redo to involve a new partner. But if given the chance, the top thing people would redo about their wedding is their venue, followed by inviting their current friends who weren’t around when they first got hitched.Other top things people would redo include:
- The style of the wedding dress
- I'd keep things simple and classy
- Try to stress less about how perfect everything had to be
- The bridesmaid or best man
- The bride's hairstyle
- I'd ignore advice from the mother-in-law / my mum
- I'd hire someone to do my hair and make up
- Ask for money rather than gifts