America is about to get a hot new snack…literally. Goldfish crackers has teamed with Frank’s RedHot for a new limited-edition hot sauce-flavored Goldfish, which folks can chow down on starting next month.
Apparently the mashup is something the public has been asking for for sometime now, with Campbell’s, which owns Goldfish, noting 35,000 people on social media had requested hot Goldfish.
- And the request doesn’t seem so out of the ordinary, since apparently hot snacks are all the rage these days. According to Instacart, deliveries that include hot or spicy snacks jumped 42% in March, as compared to the same time last year.
- And that’s not all. A new Harris Poll finds:
- 52% of U.S. adults say they purchase spicy snacks like chips and popcorn.
- Younger generations seem to more into spicy snacks, with 73% of Gen Z and 69% of Millennials buying spicy snacks.
- But there may not be a market for more spicy snacks in stores.
- In fact, 60% of folks in those generations say there is already a spicy version of their favorite snack.